That seems to be all my life is about now. I really wish I could afford to go on funemployment right now so I can fully focus on preparing for school but I can’t for two reasons, only one of which is money. *sigh*.
I’ve recently realised that I’m not as disorganised as I thought but I’m not as organised as most type-A personalities, though I will agree that I am a ‘plan-a-holic’. This is what my current ‘final’ plan looks like (dates are the latest possible date for concluding the tasks – I hope):
- Send out official transcript – May 29
- Pay for random walk – June 1
- Financial aid (discussion and finalization) – June 10
- Apply for I20 – June 11
- Finalize apartment and lease – June 16
- Visa Application/ interview – June 30
- Notify the firm – July 1
- Medical form confirmation from doctor/ updated Immunizations – July 31
- Spend time with the folks before I travel – August (ish)
- Order Laptop – August 12 (hopefully, I should have decided between the X1 carbon (2015) and the dell XPS 13 (2015))
- Move to Chicago – August 18 (maybe a bit earlier)
- Phone, Bank accounts etc. – August 19
- Put apartment in semi-livable shape – August 20 or after random walk
- Sort out my wardrobe (historically, I dress for comfort, but I need a couple of suits and stuff for recruiting, formal events & the likes) – September 9
The checklist on the Booth website is not as comprehensive as I would like. I think I may be missing out on somethings. Be kind enough to drop it in the comment session if your school has a comprehensive list.
I’ll blog about some of the major items when I get to/through them. Going by the plan, I am currently free to stalk the internet (zillow, class of 2017 apartment transfer/ furniture sales, sales of all kinds, household item stores, clothes stores etc.)
P.S: Its one year since my first post (which ironically should have told me about my fate for last application season *shrugs* ). A big thank you to everyone that reads this, I never expected to have people so invested in my journey that they feel the disappointment and the excitements with me.